Home > Young Leaders Workshop, Allahabad, 5-6 April 2018 – युवा नेतृत्व सम्मलेन
Swarna Bharat Party is pleased to announce a 2-day workshop for Young India Leaders, to be held in Allahabad (venue to be finalised), on 5 and 6 April 2018. [See the Facebook event]. More details in English below. First, in Hindi:
भारत की पहली और एकमात्र पूर्ण लिबरल विचारधारा में विश्वास रखने वाली राजनीतिक संगठन स्वर्ण भारत पार्टी (SBP) ने देश की वर्तमान और पिछले ७० सालों की सड़ी गली और असफल व्यवस्था को नए सिरे से परिवर्तित करने का संकल्प लिया है । SBP पिछले ३ सालों से देश विदेश के भारतीय युवाओं को आज़ादी -सुरक्षा -न्याय की अपनी विचारधारा से जोड़ने में प्रयासरत है । आज SBP के साथ देश भर से बुद्धिजीवी और कर्मठ युवा जुड़े हुए हैं जिन्होंने सात दशकों से समाजवादी सरकारों के द्वारा किए जा रहे शोषण से देश को छुटकारा दिलाने का प्रण लिया है । इसी क्रम में SBP ने सक्षम और कर्मठ युवा नेतृत्व की खोज के लिए एक सम्मेलन का आयोजन इलाहबाद ( विस्तृत जानकारी नीचे दी गयी है ) में किया है । यदि आप इस आंदोलन से जुड़ना चाहते हैं तो कृपया हमसे सम्पर्क करें ।
The purpose of this workshop is to identify young leaders who will be prepared to become major leaders for India, and if found suitable, offered the SBP party ticket to contest the 2019 Parliamentary elections.
Swarna Bharat Party is India’s only liberal party (see this article by the party in Times of India). We oppose the failed ideology of socialism which has brought poverty and death to all countries where it was implemented during the 20th century. While most countries abandoned it in the 1980s, India still continues to follow most parts of the (Fabian) socialist model.
Further, we oppose Hindutva and any religion-based approaches to politics. We believe in teh total separation of state and religion (see this article by the party in Times of India).
We believe a government should focus on its core functions of security and justice. If these are looked after, then almost everything else will start improving dramatically. Our message is being received very positively in Bhadohi where our Parliamentary candidate, Rabi Kant Bharti, is spreading this message (see this Youtube video).
The party has an excellent manifesto – that contains world-best cutting edge policies. Our fight is for greater freedom and equality of opportunity for all.
SBP was registered by the Election Commission in June 2014. We spent the last few years in preparatory work. We are now ready to take this message across the country to the hustings. Without changing the policies, laws and governance system, India will remain in the dismal condition it is today.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should attend this workshop if:
The fire in the belly is most important. We are looking for those with determination to change things – not those who will give up quickly. What we are doing is not a short term task. It can take many years to succeed.
You will need to bear your own costs for attending the workshop, including costs for staying in Allahabad, if you are not local to the city. SBP will pay for the workshop venue and for lunch and tea (not breakfast or dinner) during the workshop.
WHO WILL ATTEND FROM SBP
A few senior leaders from SBP will run this workshop. These are leaders who are fully familiar with the concepts being propounded by SBP. In addition, Rabi Kant Bharti of Bhadohi will attend the workshop and talk about his grassroots experience in promoting the message of SBP in the Bhadohi constituency.
Day 1, target of 9 am start:
1. Welcome (Anil Sharma). The introductory talk will outline the purpose of the workshop. It will tell participants about what we stand for and will outline Swarna Bharat Party’s unique value proposition (very high level – i.e. why not other parties).
a) Support: Anil will also explain the support the party can give – on case by case basis. The party is growing from the seed of the idea of liberty. Although we started very small, we are now seeing a few people contributing a little bit of money to the party. We mostly rely on social media to spread the message across the country, plus articles in Times of India Despite this situation, the party could try to raise funds to pay a small honorarium to those who need it in order to devote their full time to contesting elections and promoting the party’s message at the grassroots. This will be on a case by case basis.
b) Training: Anil will explain that those successful at the workshop will be trained and groomed for leadership. Depending on the person’s effort, calibre and leadership, the party will reward the successful persons with important roles, including – possibly a ticket to contest the 2019 Parliamentary elections under the party’s banner. Training is expected to include at least 2 weeks of grassroots training in Bhadohi. Costs of training will largely need to be met by shortlisted participants. Only after the party is sure of the calibre and commitment of the shortlisted participant who has successfully completed training, will we consider contributing funds to the participants’ future leadership work in the party.
2. Introductions (All): Only participant names at this stage – more details from them on the second day.
3. Rabi Kant Bharti’s grassroots experience in Bhadohi. Rabi will explain how he started – in terms of understanding the ideology of liberty, and how he is working at the grassroots in Bhadohi.
4. High level outline of key SBP policies (Rahul Pandit, with support from Kamal Sharma and Vidyut Jain). This talk will outline SBP’s views on governance reforms (electoral reforms, bureaucratic reforms, accountability), and economic policies of freedom. This will not be a detailed discussion. However, there will be 20 minutes for questions.
5. Introduction of Shetkari Sangathana participants (Anil Ghanwat). This will be a high level introduction of the work of Sharad Joshi and Shetkari Sangathana.
6. Breakout groups. At this stage, participants will be broken into small mixed groups (ideally people who do not know each other). Moderators from the party and Shetkari Sanghatna will watch and take notes. Every 15 minutes the moderator will announce a new topic for discussion: (topics in the order of importance)
– what is the role of government?
– what is idividual liberty and are there any limits?
– What is the government’s role in religion? Specificially, what is its role in cow protection and Ram Mandir?
– What kind of reforms do we need in the bureaucracy and police?
– What kinds of reforms do we need in the judicial system?
– How can we help the farmers improve their condition and improve agricultural productivity?
– How can government support business and wealth creation?
– What is the role of government in education and how can we achieve high quality education?
– What is the role of government in health and how can we support people to manage their health?
– What is the role of government in infrastructure – particularly transport and utilities (electricity, water)?
– What is the role of govenrment in environment?
– Is population size a problem?
We will use these groups to identify the more persuasive and balanced speakers. Your performance (and balanced approach) will help us shortlist leaders for further discussion on the second day.
7. Close. At this stage, one of the moderators will close the discussion. The second days’s agenda will be announced on the second day.
Day 2, 9 am start:
1. Announcement of the detailed agenda.
By lunch of the second day things will become clearer. We may, at that stage, start holding individualized discussions with each shortlisted participant.
HOW TO APPLY
If you agree with this approach, and have read SBP’s manifesto, you are invited to apply to attend the workshop by writing an EMAIL BEFORE 31 MARCH 2018 to email@example.com. In your email please provide details (in English or in Hindi only, at this stage) about:
a) Your full name (and father’s name), postal address, email ID, mobile number
b) Constituency from which you would be interested in contesting
c) Educational background and any job experience
d) 2-3 paragraphs describing the fire in your belly – i.e. your level of commitment to change things
e) 2-3 paragraphs describing your ideology and whether you agree with SBP’s ideology
Note: DO NOT send any attachment/ document at this stage. As part of the processing or your application, SBP may seek documentation at a later stage.
SBP will review your application and – where appropriate – either contact you via email or via phone to discuss further. After appropriate discussions, SBP may issue you a formal invitation to attend the workshop and include you in a mailing list that provides further details regarding attendance. ONLY those who have been issued a formal invitation by SBP are to attend the workshop.
DISCLAIMER AND PROVISO: Swarna Bharat Party reserves the right to change any and all of the terms outlined above. Appropriate notice will be given to anyone affected.